Course : Main, Side dish
Prep time : 15 mins
Cook time : 15 mins
Total time : 30 mins
Difficulty : ★★☆☆☆
Servings : 2
300 g / 0.6 pound chuck or rip eye steak
60 g / 2 ounces onion
30 g / 1 ounce scallion
30 g / 1 ounce carrot , julienned
30 g / 1 ounce red apple (or asian pear)
3 Tbsp soy sauce
3 Tbsp water
2 Tbsp sugar
1 Tbsp sesame oil
2 tsp minced garlic
1. (Bulgogi sauce) Add the red apple, onion, soy sauce, water, sugar and minced garlic to a mixer. Blend ingredients in a mixer or food processor until smooth. Set aside.
2. Place the thinly sliced beef in a mixing bowl and pour the marinade over it. Mix them well together .
Cover the bowl with cling wrap (or move the marinated meat into a glass container with a lid) and marinate the meat for at least 2 hours in the fridge. (If you have more time, you can also marinate it overnight to deepen the flavor even more).
3. Preheat a skillet or non stick pan over medium heat, add the cooking oil, scallions and stir fry for 30 seconds. Then add onion and carrot, stir fry for 1-2 minutes .
4. Add beef and cook it on high heat for 3 to 4 mins (until the meat and vegetables cook to your desired doneness).
5. Toss in the sesame seeds and serve.
6. Enjoy! ❤️
+If you cannot purchase thinly sliced beef from Korean market, you can also slice your own meat in 1/8-inch slices.
1. Serve the Bulgogi with steamed rice and other Korean side dishes.
2. Try Bulgogi with glass noodles! (Before stir fry all ingredients, soak glass noodles into cool water over an hour and drain. After you stir fry veggies, just add noodles and marinaded beef with 2Tbsp water.)
Original of the video here