That charcoal looking skin is aaaaaaahmazing! 😊
It’s a no utensils night ‘coz it’s definitely a fingers licking good meal tonight. 😋
“Barbecued Peri-peri Chicken”
1 kg. Chicken Wings (or 1.4 kg whole Chicken, butterflied, skin patted dry with paper towel)
5 Dried Thai Red Chillies or 5 fresh long chillies
5 cloves garlic, unpeeled
1 teaspoon dried Oregano
1 teaspoon Smoked Paprika (or Sweet Paprika)
1 teaspoon Soft brown sugar
80 ml (1/3 cup) Olive oil
50 ml Rice wine vinegar (or cider vinegar)
1 1/2 teaspoon salt
Lemon juice from half lemon (only if rice wine vinegar will be used)
1. Roast chillies in pan or oven for 10 minutes @ 220°C. Set aside to cool.
2. Blanch garlic in boiling water for 30 minutes then peel.
4. Place chillies and garlic in mortar and pestle, grind into a fine paste.
5. Add all remaining ingredients and mix well until combined.
6. In a bowl or container, coat chicken with peri-peri sauce, reserving some for basting. Cover and refrigerate for an hour or overnight.
7. Pre-heat a hooded barbecue grill to medium and lightly grease with oil.
8. Place chicken wings on the grill and cook, covered, for 7-8 minutes. Turn and cook the other side, basting. Continue to cook with the hood closed for another 7-8 minutes, basting occassionally. (For whole chicken, cook for further 30 minutes or until cooked through).
“Unleavened Grilled Flatbread”
300 g (2 cups) strong flour, plus extra for dusting
1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
3/4 teaspoon sea salt flakes
50 g butter, melted
185 ml (3/4 cups) warm milk
1. In a large bowl, combine all ingredients until a dough forms.
2. Tip onto a lightly floured surface and knead for a few minutes until smooth. If the dough is too sticky, add a little extra flour. Wrap with plastic and rest at room temperature for 30 minutes.
4. Pre-heat a barbecue hotplate or pan to medium high and lightly grease with oil.
5. Flour your surface again. Divide the dough into four portions and roll into balls. Roll out into rounds about 5 mm thick.
6. Place the flatbreads on the hotplate or pan and cook 1-2 minutes on each side, turning when the dough begins to bubble. Serve immediately.
Enjoy! Happy cooking! 👩🍳😊
#periperichickenwings #periperichicken #flatbread #homecooked #homecooking #barbecue #grilledchicken #grilled #merrychristmas
Music: have yourself a merry little christmas
Original of the video here