Grilled Chicken Wings are a delicious alternative to the deep-fried version. One of the challenges to grilling chicken wings is to get crispy skin without scorching the wings. Corn starch is the simple ingredient to get the classic crunchy texture. These chicken wings are finished with a flavorful BBQ sauce.
Full Recipe and Walkthrough here — https://www.vindulge.com/grilled-chicken-wings/
This recipe is sponsored by Mirum on behalf of Omeprazole ODT by Kroger, and it’s one heck of a recipe. All opinions and content are my own.
Recipe For Grilled Chicken Wings with Crispy Skin
2 pounds chicken wings (drummets and flats)
2 tablespoons corn starch
2 tablespoons poultry rub
1 cup KC barbecue sauce
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
1 tablespoon honey
1. Preheat grill using two zone method or direct/indirect. Target 400 degrees Fahrenheit as internal cooker temperature. For this method, place the lump charcoal in a pile in the center of the grill.
2. Place dry wings in a one gallon plastic sealable bag. Then add the dry rub and corn starch. Seal the bag and shake it to season. Remove wings and place on a cookie sheet.
3. Place the wings on the grill in a circle surrounding the heat source. Place cover back on grill and grill for 10 minutes.
4. After 10 minutes, flip the wings and cover again.
5. After 10 more minutes flip again, and grill for another 10 minutes. The wings should be crispy on all sides and read at least 170 degrees Fahrenheit. Remove and then place in the sauce.
WING BBQ SAUCE
1. In a small sauce pan over medium heat add the KC sauce, butter, and honey. Stir to combine until the butter is melted.
2. Place sauce in a large mixing bowl. Place wings directly from the grill into the sauce and stir to incorporate.
3. Serve with your favorite dipping sauce and sides, like carrots and celery.
We are a food blogging, wine loving, BBQ Catering, family living on a 5-acre hazelnut farm in the heart of the Willamette Valley in Oregon’s Wine Country.
We want you to experience good food, good wine, and a great backyard cooking experience!
You can see more of our recipes and wine pairings over on Instagram, or join us on Facebook for videos and recipes.
Our cookbook, Fire + Wine, is now available wherever books are sold.
Join me Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/vindulge
Follow me on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/vindulge
Follow us on Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/vindulge
Contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Original of the video here