Crunchy, juicy, flavorful and delicious BBQ chicken poppers will definitely be your new favorite. Recipe by MY MOMMY DEAREST ❤️
1. Chicken Breast boneless – 2 breast portions/vegetarian option soya chunks or paneer or tofu
2. Eggs -2 or 3 nos
3. White flour/all purpose flour/corn flour-1 cup
4. Crushed cornflakes-2 cups
5. Salt to taste
6. Red chilli powder -1 Tsp
For the sauce
1. Barbecue sauce -1/2 cup
2. Tomato ketchup-1/2 cup
3. Honey or brown sugar -2tbsp
4. salt to taste
5. Chilli paste or hot sauce 1 tbsp ( spice lovers can add extra sauce) – the one used in the video is homemade – recipe available on my feed
6. Water as required.
1. Cut chicken to tiny bite sized pieces. Make sure you cut them to uniform sizes as this helps to fry all of them uniformly.
2. In a bowl, marinate chicken with salt & red chilli powder allow marination for at least 30mins.
3. If you want chicken to be more tender and soft brining can done, to brine soak meat in buttermilk overnight or for 4 hours
Dip each piece of chicken in the egg,letting any excess drip off.
Then generously roll in flour and cornflake mixture, shaking off any excess.
Dip in egg -flour- egg-cornflakes.Repeat with all chicken bites.
For extra crunch you can also double coat the chicken pieces.
4. Rest for 10 to 15 mins in the refrigerator to stick well before frying.
5. Gently slide the pieces one after the other to the oil. Do not stir or disturb them for about a minute otherwise the coating may disperse in oil. 175 *C is the right temperature of the oil.
6. Do not crowd the pan with many chicken bites at one time. Fry in batches.
7. Deep fry evenly till golden on a medium flame. Keep stirring after a minute or two for even frying.
8. Drain chicken on a kitchen tissue.
9. Heat the sauce ingredients in a saucepan over medium heat for 6-7 minutes, stirring constantly.Cook until bubbly
10. Toss chicken in the sauce until evenly glazed.
11. And its ready to pop ! Bon Appetit, Carefull it’s really HOT !😜
Other options –
Plain Popcorn Chicken: You can leave the popcorn chicken plain.
* You can sprinkle your favorite seasoning over popcorn chicken before serving. Sriracha or wasabi or peri peri or chipotle powders or chat masala go great on these.
For the health conscious-
Yes they can be baked at 400 F or 200 C in a preheated oven for 10 to 12 mins on each side.
Tips and tricks / storage –
*Do not toss these popper in the BBQ sauce UNTIL right before serving. If you toss too soon, they will become soggy.
* These popcorn chicken can be stored for up to a week in the refrigerator.I would recommend storing them without tossing in the BBQ Sauce.
Subscribe and get regular updates.
Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/sabrosokitchn/?__tn__=kCH-R&eid=ARCVKm976.
Do try this recipe and let me know in the comments belowo ❤️
Original of the video here
e aíe aíe aíe aíe aíe aíe aíe aíe aí