I love fresh steamed buns. What’s great about making bao at home is that you can eat them plain or you can fill them up with something sweet, ie, red bean paste or savoury like we are doing today.
1 onion, diced
1 strip of bbq pork, diced
2 pork sausages
1 bag steamed buns flour (follow directions on back of bag to make the dough)
1/2 cup of sugar
1 cup of milk
1 tablespoon Oil
2 tablespoon oyster sauce
1 teaspoon vinegar
1. Add 1 teaspoon of oil to wok on high heat. Add onions and sauté. Add bbq pork and sauté. Add 2 tablespoon oyster sauce. Set aside.
2. Steam the preserved pork sausages. Cut into into long strips. Set aside.
3. Take 1-2 tablespoon steam bun flour and out aside. Pour rest into a mixing bowl. Add 1/2 cup of sugar.
4. Add 1 cup of milk. Knead for 15 minutes and gradually add rest of flour. Add 1 tablespoon oil and continue to knead for 10 minutes.
5. Cover dough for 30 minutes then divide into 18 pieces.
6. Roll piece of dough into a ball and flatten it out. Add desired amount of filling in the middle and pinch together at the top.
7. Place a clean cloth on top of the steaming tray. Place buns on the cloth for steaming.
8. Add a teaspoon of vinegar to the steaming water if you want the buns to be more white.
9. Cover and steam for 15 minutes. Remove buns right away so they don’t stick to the cloth.
We hope you enjoyed watching our steamed bao bun video. Please like, comment, share and subscribe. Thank you for your support 😊
Lily currently resides in Canada 🇨🇦 but her second home is in Florida, USA 🇺🇸. She has travelled and lived in South East Asia, Asia, Europe, among other islands and countries. She hopes to continue to travel and taste the beautiful flavours of local cuisines.
Born in China 🇨🇳 and raised in Canada since she was 3 years old, she tries hard to hold onto her parents and grandparents roots in cooking traditional Chinese food but sometimes life gets in the way. So she has simplified some recipes in hopes of sharing these recipes with others to continue her family’s love for delicious food 🥘
Never stop learning 😊
Original of the video here