Filipino (Pinoy) pork BBQ is a regular staple in Day and Night markets in the Philippines. You could smell the aroma of the smoke coming from the Street vendor. It is also a must-have in any special occasions.
The secret is in the sauce – sticky and sweet.
2 lbs Pork (preferably pork belly)
2 Tbsp soy sauce
2 Tbsp vinegar
2 Tbsp ketchup (preferably banana ketchup)
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 Tbsp ground pepper
4 cloves minced garlic
1 can Sprite or 7 up
2 Tbsp Olive oil
Some left over marinate
1 Tbsp olive oil
2 Tbsp ketchup
1. Slice pork into small thin pieces
2. Mix soy sauce, vinegar, ketchup, sugar, garlic, Sprite/7up, and Olive oil. Add pork and marinate for 3 hours to overnight.
3. Skew the pork into skewers.
4. Make basting with 1 cup of left-over marinate added with olive oil and ketchup.
5. Grill the skewers 3 minutes per side. Baste with the basting sauce.
Original of the video here