My all-time favorite, whether with rice or solo. – this is our version and video on how to make Pork BBQ on Sticks at home.
Whenever we have parties or special gatherings like birthdays, this is usually present. It is a popular street food also here, as with the other skewered meat. The important thing in making this is your marinade/basting sauce. A good Pork BBQ on Sticks would really depend on your sauce.
In our recipe, I used pork loin or lomo as they call it because it is tender. Have it sliced thinly to cook easily. For best results, keep it marinated overnight so that the flavor will be deeply infused.
We have published a similar recipe – our Grilled BBQ Pork Belly|Inihaw na Liempo (https://youtu.be/HL0HNi2Xdmk) – which is as good as this. I suggest you try both!
* 1 kilo pork loin or lomo
* 5 garlic cloves, crushed
* 10 pcs calamansi, juice extracted
* 1/2 cup soy sauce
* 1/3 cup brown sugar
* 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
* 2 tsp oyster sauce
* 1/3 cup banana ketchup (add more if preferred)
* 1 tsp ground black pepper
Basting sauce – same ingredients as above but with the addition of 1 1/2 Tbsp vinegar.
1. Combine all ingredients for the marinade. Mix well to dissolve the sugar.
2. Add the pork loin and mix thoroughly, making sure the meat is fully covered with the marinade.
3. Cover with plastic wrap. Marinate for at least 5 hours. For best results, keep in the refrigerator overnight.
4. The following day, remove from the refrigerator. Before assembling, soak the BBQ sticks in water for 30 minutes to prevent burning when grilling.
5. Assemble the marinated pork on sticks.
6. Cook the basting sauce and let it cool.
7. Prepare the griller.
8. Start grilling, basting with the cooked sauce, turning, and flipping to cook both sides.
9. Serve with plain rice or Java Rice (which will be released after this). Enjoy!
Thank you for watching! Please LIKE and SUBSCRIBE!
Original of the video here