Baked Spare Ribs w/ Homemade Jack Daniels BBQ Sauce
Spare ribs are ribs cut from the lower portion of a pig or cow, specifically from the belly and breastbone area, behind the shoulder. Rubbed and marinated with a mix of spices and let sit for at least an hour in the Refrigerator. Then baked at low heat for 3-5 hours between 200-300 F. The added brushing of a Homemade Jack Daniels Barbecue Sauce makes it tastier and juicier.
To check out more of my videos, Click on the link:
My Instagram Page:
My Facebook Page:
My Thanks to:
MixKit (Royalty Free Videos, Music, Sound Effects and More): https://mixkit.co/
For the Title Song: “Just Kidding”, the Background Music: “Goin’ Back to Alabama”.
Video Editing by: The Killer Cheewawa
My Custom Logo Design by: JR3 Designs
1 Rack of Spare Ribs (I used Baby-Back Ribs, very tender)
3 Tbsp Brown Sugar
½ Tsp Salt
2 Tsp Smoked Paprika
1 Tsp Ground Pepper
1 Tbsp Roasted Ground Garlic
1 Tbsp Onion Powder
1 Cup + 2 Tbsp Brown Sugar
¼ Cup Apple Cider Vinegar
½ Cup Tomato Ketchup
½ Cup Banana Ketchup (Optional)
2 Tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
2 Tbsp Light Soy Sauce
2 Tsp Salt
2 Tsp Pepper
2 Tsp Paprika
2 Tsp Liquid smoke
1/2 Cup Jack Daniels
1 Tbsp Cornstarch
3 Tbsp Water
– Wash and Clean the Spare Ribs. Take off the extra fat (leave some on) and remove the membrane. Dry it with Paper towel.
– In a Tray, Rub the dry rub spice mixture all over the Spare Ribs. Make sure the ribs are completely coated with the spices.
– Let it marinate in the Refrigerator for at least an hour.
– Pre-heat the oven for about 200-300 F.
– Bake the Ribs for about 3- 5 hours at a low heat.
– Prepare the Barbecue sauce. In a sauce pot mix together all the ingredients listed above.
– Cook at low heat and keep stirring it to make sure all the spices mix and doesn’t burn.
– The Alcohol will evaporate but, the awesome taste will remain in the Barbecue Sauce.
– Add Cornstarch Slurry slowly to the sauce to help thicken it.
– Turn off the heat when the sauce reaches the desired consistency.
– When the Ribs are almost finished, brush on the barbecue sauce completely covering them. Put it back to the oven for about 15-20 mins.
– Take them out of the oven and let rest.
– Slice the Ribs between the bones, plate, serve and ENJOY !!!
Original of the video here