To make these easy Chickpea Meatballs you need a food processor and a couple of pantry staples and you are good to go. Enjoy them in as many ways as you can. Make meatballs sub, or dip them in BBQ sauce and stick them on a skewer or add them on top of your spaghetti marinara.
* 1 cup Rice (cooked) measured as cooked
* 1/2 cup Walnut (halves)
* 15 oz Chickpeas (canned)
* 1 Tbsp Oat flour
* 1 Tbsp Fine or quick oats
* 1 tsp Onion powder or sautee 1/2 finely chopped onion
* 1 tsp Garlic powder or sautee 2 finely chopped garlic cloves
* 1 tsp Basil dried
* 1 tsp Parsley dried
* 1 Tbsp Nutritional yeast optional
* 1/2 tsp Turmeric
* 1 Tbsp Tomato paste
* 1 tsp Salt
* 1/2 tsp Ground black pepper
* 1 Tbsp Olive oil skip for WFPB and add extra tomato paste
* Take a food processor and add chickpeas, walnuts, cooked rice, seasoning and spices: olive oil, tomato paste, basil, parsley, garlic powder, onion powder, nutritional yeast, turmeric. Pulse the mix gently. Don’t puree it! You need some chunks and bits for a better texture. Depending on the size of your container, work in batches.
Frying or baking
* Now you are ready to form the small chickpeas balls. Take 1-2 Tbsp of the mixture and form the balls with your hands. It will be soft and may stick to your hands. If it is too sticky add more flour.
* Take a frying pan and heat it on medium heat. Add a bit of coconut oil or olive oil if you don’t have a non-stick pan. Fry them for a couple of minutes each side to give them a nice brown color.
* If you prefer baking, then take a baking mat or a sheet pan with parchment paper and bake them on 350 Fahrenheit (180 degrees Celcius) for 20-30 minutes until they get a crispy brownish crust. Turn them at half-time.
* Prepare homemade BBQ sauce (our recipe is here). Add a couple of Tbsp of the sauce in the frying pan to warm it up. When the chickpea meatballs are ready, pop them in the sauce to coat them before serving. Sprinkle with sesame seeds like on the photo and serve it as an appetizer.
HOW TO MAKE THIS RECIPE?
DETAILED RECIPE AND STEP PHOTOS HERE: https://mypureplants.com/chickpea-meatballs-vegan
More recipes from us: https://mypureplants.com/plant-based-vegan-recipes
SUBSCRIBE so you won’t miss our next video!
Say hi on social:
Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/mypureplants/
Instagram – https://www.instagram.com/mypureplants/
Pinterest – https://www.pinterest.co.uk/mypureplants
Twitter – https://twitter.com/mypureplants
Song: Josh Woodward
Visit his Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/joshwoodward
Free download: http://joshwoodward.com/
My Pure Plants is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.
Original of the video here