For my fourth installment I am breaking down how I prepare Beef Short Ribs for low and slow BBQ using all my tips and techniques to smoke the best beef ribs over three shorter videos. In this video I provide the final parts of the process to include the final presentation. Below is how I set-up my smoker on this cook for reference.
1. Placed Prime 6 Charcoal along with chunks of post oak at bottom of the smoker
2. Used charcoal chimney to get the charcoal going before placing overtop the unlit charcoal/wood
3. Placed half plate over top the fire along with aluminum pan on top filled with mostly water but also included beef broth and Worchester sauce to add some flavor with the steam that occurs while cooking
4. I placed beef ribs on grates directly above the pan and adjusted cooker to smoke at 275
5. Once ribs hit between 160-165, making sure they have excellent bark, I pull them off to wrap them
6. If bark is good and always is with the back in black seasoning I will typically double wrap in aluminum foil (use butcher paper if bark still needs work) with butter, beef broth and used some of my favorite soda cheer wine
7. Place back on the cooker at 300
8. Pull once internal temp reached 204 and was probe tender pulled and rested
9. Wrapped in towel and placed in cooler allowing to rest for two hours before slicing
I will share a more in-depth review of Blaze kamado grill in future videos but see link below for more information about this amazing grill: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hIyosan009o
If you’re in the market for a new BBQ, my top three reasons for choosing the Blaze Kamado Grill:
(1) Lifetime warranty no other Kamado offers that
(2) No Gasket that will need to be replaced later unlike other Kamado style grills
(3) Accessory ecosystem
I also use a Primo Kamado along with a Pitbarrel smoker and I also have a Blaze Gas Grill for those quick family meals.
I always use Prime 6 Charcoal https://www.prime-six.com/ in all my charcoal smokers/grills
SUBSCRIBE to this Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvl9sUswGUDnDS9u2cLOpLQ
My favorite seasoings:
Gustus Vitae: https://www.gustusvitae.com/
Kentucky Kick: https://www.gustusvitae.com/products/sweet-spicy-kentucky-kick-1?_pos=1&_sid=a8eb4fa2b&_ss=r
Back in Black River BBQ: https://www.blackriverbbq.com/
Scroll down for my recommended videos & accessories* to help you get more out of your BBQ experience.
*My favorite accessories for the Blaze Kamado Grill*
Blaze Kamado Rotisserie Kit – bbqguys.com_blaze-_rotisserie-kit
Blaze 15-Inch 4-In-1 Stainless Steel Cooking Plate – bbqguys.com_blaze-outdoor-products/stainless-steel-cooking-plate
Blaze Kamado Stainless Steel Half Round Heat Deflection Plate – bbqguys.com_Blaze-stainless-steel-half-deflection-plate
Grill expander – Aura_GX Stack Rack Grill Extender
*My favorite cooking tools & accessories*
Wired probes – amazon.com_Weber-7203-iGrill-2-Thermometer
Wireless MEATER+ probe – amazon.com_MEATER-Thermometer
Thermoworks instant read thermometer – Thermapen-Mk4
Koch Cookware cast iron pan that fits inside the Kamado – koch.com_305-traditional_skillet
Dutch oven that fits inside the Kamado – https://amzn.to/2WwuBZt
*My cooking gear* also you can use mattk for 20% off at Dalstrong
Dalstrong Knives https://dalstrong.com
Dalstrong Apron dalstrong-professional-chefs-kitchen-apron_NR
Heat Gloves: amazon.com/Heat-Resistant-Gloves
Kitchen Gloves: amazon.com/dp/gloves
* I am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for me to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Why do I think the Blaze Kamado is worth the premium over other Kamado’s? Check out this video about the design of the Blaze Kamado
Food Fire & Inspire is my motto and way of life. My name is Matt and I enjoy cooking outdoors as well as indoors creating new recipes and using new methods to make the best food that I can for my family and friends. I will provide reviews on the grill’s, accessories I use, along with variety of fire cooked recipes that you can do to elevate your grilling.
Please let me know what you would like to see in the future from me in the comments and subscribe to catch future videos.
Other Social Media:
Original of the video here