BULGOGI (Korean Grilled Beef)
Note: In this recipe, I used skillet pan to cook the bulgogi but you can use a cast iron or grill pan. Enjoy guys and have a blast in the kitchen!
1 kg beef ramps steak (thinly sliced beef)
5 tbsp soy sauce
1 medium onion
1 large nashi apple or pear (Substitute Asian pear with apple, like Fuji apple, kiwi)
1/2 cup brown sugar
2 tbsp sesame oil
3 cloves garlic
10 scallions (leaves only)
½ Tbsp toasted white sesame seeds (for topping)
1 tsp salt
Bulgogi, a classic Korean grilled beef, is so easy to make and fun to eat with friends and family.
Tender pieces of caramelized beef with crunchy sweet vegetables,
this flavorful BBQ meat needs to make an appearance on your summertime dinner soon!
You can cook on a skillet, grill on a barbecue or on a stove-top griddle.
1. cut into thinly sliced and pound the beef, can also use tenderloin, top sirloin; If you can’t find thinly sliced beef in the store)
2. To make the bulgogi paste. add garlic, white onion, scallions, brown sugar, sesame oil and nashi apple in a food processor. until smooth texture
3. Add the scallion, bulgogi paste, salt and soy sauce in the meat. Mix all together to coat with the marinade. And mix them thoroughly.
4. Cover with cling wrap, set aside for at least 30 minutes or best if overnight.
5. In a medium skillet (or you can use a cast iron grill pan), heat 1 tbsp sesame oil over low -medium.
6. Cook the marinated meat until cooked through, simmer in about 10 minutes if you see the sauce is reduced, it means completely cooked.
7. Transfer the cooked Bulgogi to the plate and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
Music by: bensound-happiness.mp3
Original of the video here