For my fourth installment I am breaking down how I prepare Beef Short Ribs for Low and slow BBQ using all my tips and techniques to smoke the best beef ribs. Below is how prepared this cook for reference. Over the next three videos I will break down all my tips and techniques I use the make the best beef ribs AKA Dino Bones. Abraham Lincoln said it best when discussing preparing in advance “Give me six hours to chop down a tree and I will spend the first four sharpening the axe.” Preparing your beef ribs before they are smoked is critical part of having a successful cook. In this video I break this down step by step so you can have a successful beef rib smoke.
1. Trimmed fat off the top of the rack leaving just a little fat as I like my beef ribs lean however if you want to leave more fat you can.
2. Removed membrane from back of ribs and taking out the membrane between the bones to allow the smoked to penetrate the meat from both sides
4. Then I rubbed this rack down with Louisiana hot sauce which works excellent as a binder
5. Next, I seasoned with black river bbq “back in black” which helps create and awesome bark and provides serious flavor
6. Finally double wrapped in saran wrap and stored in the refrigerator overnight
I will share a more in-depth review of Blaze kamado grill in future videos but see link below for more information about this amazing grill: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hIyosan009o
If you’re in the market for a new BBQ, my top three reasons for choosing the Blaze Kamado Grill:
(1) Lifetime warranty no other Kamado offers that
(2) No Gasket that will need to be replaced later unlike other Kamado style grills
(3) Accessory ecosystem
I also use a Primo Kamado along with a Pitbarrel smoker and I also have a Blaze Gas Grill for those quick family meals.
I always use Prime 6 Charcoal https://www.prime-six.com/ in all my charcoal smokers/grills
SUBSCRIBE to this Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvl9sUswGUDnDS9u2cLOpLQ
My favorite seasoings:
Gustus Vitae: https://www.gustusvitae.com/
Kentucky Kick: https://www.gustusvitae.com/products/sweet-spicy-kentucky-kick-1?_pos=1&_sid=a8eb4fa2b&_ss=r
Back in Black River BBQ: https://www.blackriverbbq.com/
Scroll down for my recommended videos & accessories* to help you get more out of your BBQ experience.
*My favorite accessories for the Blaze Kamado Grill*
Blaze Kamado Rotisserie Kit – bbqguys.com_blaze-_rotisserie-kit
Blaze 15-Inch 4-In-1 Stainless Steel Cooking Plate – bbqguys.com_blaze-outdoor-products/stainless-steel-cooking-plate
Blaze Kamado Stainless Steel Half Round Heat Deflection Plate – bbqguys.com_Blaze-stainless-steel-half-deflection-plate
Grill expander – Aura_GX Stack Rack Grill Extender
*My favorite cooking tools & accessories*
Wired probes – amazon.com_Weber-7203-iGrill-2-Thermometer
Wireless MEATER+ probe – amazon.com_MEATER-Thermometer
Thermoworks instant read thermometer – Thermapen-Mk4
Koch Cookware cast iron pan that fits inside the Kamado – koch.com_305-traditional_skillet
Dutch oven that fits inside the Kamado – https://amzn.to/2WwuBZt
*My cooking gear* also you can use mattk for 20% off at Dalstrong
Dalstrong Knives https://dalstrong.com
Dalstrong Apron dalstrong-professional-chefs-kitchen-apron_NR
Heat Gloves: amazon.com/Heat-Resistant-Gloves
Kitchen Gloves: amazon.com/dp/gloves
* I am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for me to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Why do I think the Blaze Kamado is worth the premium over other Kamado’s? Check out this video about the design of the Blaze Kamado
Food Fire & Inspire is my motto and way of life. My name is Matt and I enjoy cooking outdoors as well as indoors creating new recipes and using new methods to make the best food that I can for my family and friends. I will provide reviews on the grill’s, accessories I use, along with variety of fire cooked recipes that you can do to elevate your grilling.
Please let me know what you would like to see in the future from me in the comments and subscribe to catch future videos.
Other Social Media:
Original of the video here