Check out this sweet tangy bbq grilled chicken! This marinade simple and is packed with a lot of flavor.
Prep time: 30 min
Cook time: 30-45 min
• 4 Ibs Chicken thigh and or wings/drumstick (bone in, with skin)
• 1 tbsp salt
• 1 tbsp pepper
• 6 cloves garlic
• ½ cup soy sauce
• 1 tsp sesame oil
• ¼ cup pineapple juice
• ½ cup sprite/lemon lime soda
• 1 whole lemon (alternatively ¼ cup calamansi juice)
• 2 tbsp cooking wine
• 1/8 cup chili sauce (optional)
You will need..
• Canola oil (alternatively peanut oil or vegetable spray) to season grill
• Consider pounding chicken (especially for chicken breast) for even thickness and thus even cooking
• Be sure to clean, prep, and season grill properly before use
• Preheat grill lid down for 10-15 min before cooking
• Unlike beef/steak, cook chicken for its majority of time in medium, indirect heat to avoid burning skin.
• Cover grill often when not turning or basting
• Be careful not to cross contaminate when basting chicken.
• Grill skin side first on the hottest part of grill. Then transition by moving chicken to the colder part of the grill later on.
• Check internal temperature for doneness (recommended is 165F for most cuts of chicken). Thigh meat may require temperatures +175C for doneness
• Breast and wings will take approximately 30-40min. Legs/drumsticks and thighs 40-50min.
• Cover/close the grill for thicker, larger cuts of chicken
• Let the chicken rest for 2-5 min before eating for a jucier bite.
Original of the video here