Tandoori Chicken | Tandoori Chicken Recipe | Tandoori Chicken in the Oven | Tandoori Chicken in OTG | Chicken Tandoori | Tandoori Chicken Restaurant Style | How to Make Tandoori Chicken | Chicken Tandoori Recipe
Ingredients for Tandoori Chicken:
– Chicken Whole legs- 4 nos. (approx. 750 gms)
– Salt- 1.5 tsp
– Lemon Juice- 3 tsp
– Ginger Garlic Paste- 1.5 tbsp
– Hung Curd- 6 tbsp
– Kashmiri Chilli Powder- 5 tsp
– Turmeric Powder- 1/4 tsp
– Garam Masala Powder- 1/2 tsp
– Cumin Powder- 1/2 tsp
– Mace (Javitri) powder- 1/4 tsp
– Cardamom Powder- 1/2 tsp
– Roasted & powdered Kasuri Methi ( dried Fenugreek leaves)- 1 tsp
– Salt- pinch
– Red Food Colour (optional)- pinch
– Oil- 3 tbsp
– Butter or Oil for basting- 4-5 tbsp
– Wash and pat dry the whole Chicken Legs.
– Now make slits on them, 3 on the thigh portion and 2 on the legs as shown in the video.
– To make the Hung Curd, add around 300 gm of curd or plain yogurt in a strainer kept on a bowl and allow the water to drain completely. This should take around 1 hr.
– For the 1st Marination, take the whole legs in a bowl and add all the items for the 1st marinade. Mix it well, making sure that the marinade is rubbed inside the slits made earlier.
– Cover the bowl and keep it in the refrigerator for around 1 hour.
– To make the 2nd Marinade, take another bowl and add all the ingredients as shown in the video. Whisk it well to make a uniform and smooth marinade.
– Now add the marinated chicken legs to the 2nd marinade and mix it well, making sure the marinade coats the chicken completely and massaged well inside the slits made earlier.
– Now cover the bowl and keep in the refrigerator for minimum 3 hrs or overnight.
– Preheat the oven/OTG to 250 degrees C.
– Arrange the marinated chicken legs on a metal rack.
– Slide in the rack/tray in the top slot of the oven.
– Roast for 10 mins at 250 degrees C. After 10 mins flip the chicken.
– Roast for another 10 mins at 250 degrees C on the other side.
– Flip the chicken legs and baste with melted butter.
– Reduce the oven temperature to 200 degrees C.
– Roast for total of another 20 mins at 200 degrees C. Flip the chicken after 10 mins and continue basting with melted butter.
– Remove the tray once the edges of the chicken are lightly charred.
– Serve as an appetizer.
#tandoorichicken #chickentandoori #tandoorichickenrecipe #tandoorichickeninoven #tandoorichickeninotg #chickentandoorirecipe #spiceeats #spiceeatsrecipes #spiceeatschicken
Original of the video here