An easy, beginners guide on how to bbq pork ribs on the weber kettle using no accessories of any kind. All you need is a grill, pork ribs, charcoal and your favorite bbq rub and bbq sauce.
00:00 – INTRO
00:22 – PREPARE YOUR RIBS
01:00 – PREPARE YOUR GRILL FOR SNAKE METHOD
01:45 – SET YOUR VENT SETTINGS FOR LOW AND SLOW(250-275)
02:10 – COOK YOUR RIBS
02:43 – SAUCE YOUR RIBS
03:09 – SLIDE YOUR RIBS AND EAT
03:35 – OUTRO – THOUGHTS ON USING WEBER KETTLE ACCESSORIES
1) PORK RIBS. They can be baby-back ribs or st louis style cut spare ribs
2) SEASONING. Use your favorite pork rub seasoning. You can also use your favorite all purpose seasoning. I’ve also used salt pepper garlic on ribs before. for the Salt pepper garlic ratio, use 2 parts salt, 2 parts pepper and 1 part garlic.
3) CHARCOAL: you can use briquettes or lump. keep in mind briquettes are easier to maintain temperature and run less hot than lump. Key is to use the snake method as explain in the video (01:10)
4) BBQ SAUCE: use your favorite bbq sauce. I used sweet baby rays since it’s widely available everywhere.
ADDITIONAL STEPS BUT NOT REQUIRED
– remove the membrane in the back of ribs. Some people don’t like it.
– For more smoky flavor, you can use 1 or 2 wood chunks on top of your coal. It’ll give your ribs more smoky flavor.
– you can wrap about the 2 or 3 hour mark for an hour or so with aluminum foil. You will get much tender ribs this way.
Original of the video here