Bittersweet sticky Coffee Pork Ribs are one of the favourite zi char dishes you can get in Singapore. It is so delicious and crunchy as the pork ribs are deep fried before being tossed in a thick and sticky coffee sauce. This is a dish that is worth making!
Subscribe to our channel and click the bell icon for more delicious home cooked recipes!
Serves: 4, Preparation time: 1 hour 30 minutes
• Sesame seeds for garnish
• 10 medium pork ribs
• 1 ½ tbsp oyster sauce
• ¼ tsp 5 spice powder
• 1 ½ tbsp light soya sauce
• ½ tsp baking soda
• 2 tbsp cornflour
• 2 egg white
• 2 tbsp rice wine
• Knife Oil added with Canola
• 2 instant 3-in-1 coffee pack
• 180ml water
• 2 clove garlic, minced
• 1 tbsp oyster sauce
• 2 tbsp dark soy sauce
• 2 tbsp sugar
• 1 tsp cornflour
• 1 tbsp Knife Oil added with Canola
1. Place the pork ribs in a bowl and cover them with some salt and water. Massage the ribs with your hands for 3-5 minutes then drain the water. Rinse the pork with more water and drain.
2. Add all the pork ingredients into a bowl and mix well. Leave to marinate for 1 hour then let the ribs come to room temperature before frying.
3. Heat oil on medium heat and fry pork ribs for 3-5minutes on each side, depending on size. Remove from oil and drain.
4. Turn up the heat to high and refry the pork ribs for 10-20 seconds.
5. Mix sauce ingredients except garlic and oil in a bowl and set aside. Heat the oil in a pan and stir fry garlic until fragrant. Add the mixed sauce and cook until sauce is thick and can coat the back of a spoon.
6. Add ribs and toss to coat with the sauce. Stir fry for 2-3 minutes then garnish with sesame seeds and serve.
#coffeeporkribs #coffeeribs #knifeoil #quickandeasyrecipes #yummy #delicious
Like, share, subscribe, and stay tuned if you like our videos!
Thank you for watching!
Original of the video here