SMOKED GRILLED PORK BELLY
• 3 lbs pork belly sliced into strips with 4/5 inch width
• 10 tablespoons dark soy sauce
• ½ cup of calamansi or lemon juice
• 1 teaspoon black pepper ground
• 1 rock teaspoon salt
• 6 cloves crushed garlic
• 6 to 8 tablespoons banana ketchup
• 1 tablespoon brown sugar
• 1 lemongrass choped
• 2 tablespoons canola oil
• 6 tablespoons soy sauce
• 4 tablespoons banana ketchup
• 2 tablespoons calamansi or lemon juice
• 3 teaspoon brown sugar
1. Combine all the marinated ingredients in a mixing bowl. Stir until all the ingredients are well blended.
2. Put the sliced pork belly into the bowl with the marinade. Make sure that the pork are all coated.
3. Cover the bowl with cling wrap. Refrigerate for 8 hours. This will be enough time to marinate the pork.
4. Prepare the basting sauce by combining all the ingredients in a bowl. Mix well.
5. Heat-up your grill. Grill one side for the pork for 4 to 6 minutes. Baste the top part by brushing the basting sauce. Turn the pork belly over. Let it cook for 4 minutes. Brush some basting sauce on the top part. Continue turning over the pork belly every 4 to 6 minutes while basting, until it is completely cooked. (Make sure you turn the belly constantly to prevent it from getting burned).
Serve with rice and Spicy Coconut Vinegar. See recipe below.
Ingredients: coconut vinegar, habanero chilli, ginger, turmeric, lemon grass, onion, garlic, salt and pepper.
Original of the video here