WHISKEY CHIPOTLE BBQ SAUCE
This is honestly one of my favorite homemade BBQ sauces that I do. And because of the acidity involved, it will keep for quite a while. If you don’t drink, or don’t want the little bit of spice that the chipotle offers, eliminate them and see what you have! It will still be good but, be sure to add a little liquid smoke, if you’re eliminating the chipotle peppers, to get that smokey flavor involved. And don’t worry, there are more BBQ sauce recipes to come!
* 2 cups whiskey or bourbon of choice (separated)
* 2 chipotle peppers with a spoonful of the adobo sauce
* 1 cup ketchup
* 1/4 cup molasses
* 2 TBLSP Worcestershire
* 2 TBLSP malt vinegar
* 1 TBLSP lemon juice (fresh or bottled)
* pour 2oz of whiskey into a shot glass or similar container and test for flavor… if it’s good, proceed forward
* pour 1 cup of whiskey into sauce pan and bring to a boil for 10-15 minutes (it will reduce down quite a bit and be more foggy looking)
* pour another 2oz of whiskey into a shot glass or similar container and test again to make sure it’s still good… you never know what happened in those 10-15 minutes! If it’s good, proceed forward
* add 1/2 cup whiskey and all the other ingredients to the sauce pan and bring to a slight boil
* reduce heat to low and simmer for 30 minutes
* you should have a little whiskey left over… go ahead and taste it again… you deserve it!
* remove from heat and serve
* store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge
Be sure to give this video a “LIKE” and subscribe to EAT THIS! GRINDS & COCKTAILS channel… And SHARE, SHARE, SHARE!
Also, you can visit the “MENU” page at http://www.cbsgrill.com/ to get a glimpse of just a few of the recipes you will see featured here in the future. Or you can search by category for my other videos.
ENJOY & THANKS FOR WATCHING!
Original of the video here