AYAM PANGGANG WONG SOLO DIAUSTRALIA
Here is another ayam bakar (grilled chicken) recipe, this time from the city of Solo. Solo and Yogyakarta are the two cities right at the center of Javanese culture, and you can bet that this grilled chicken is going to be on the sweet side .
It may be really weird for those who don’t live or grow up in Java to appreciate the sweetness that is supposed to be savory dishes, even though I was only born and not raised in solo but I can’t lie if the solo blood that I admit can’t just be put away, and I love them to death!
If you are not a fan of sweet dishes, just reduce the amount of kecap manis (Indonesian sweet soy sauce) used in the recipe (and maybe even skip the palm sugar while you are at it), but perhaps follow the recipe as is and give it a try first before making adjustment for the future.
Let started…and happy cooking…
4 whole chicken thighs and 4 breast wings
8 cloves of garlic
2 cm fresh turmeric
7 grains of roasted candlenuts
1 tbsp coriander
Fresh ginger 2 cm
Additional ingredients :
6 pieces of lime leaves
3 tablespoons brown sugar
5-6 tablespoons soy sauce
700 ml coconut water / plain water
2 teaspoons of pepper
Salt to taste
4 tablespoons of melted margarine
The rest of the cooking spices
1. Wash chicken, coat with lime, let stand 15 minutes rinse and set aside.
2. Saute ground spices until fragrant, add lime leaves, pepper, salt, brown sugar and sweet soy sauce.
3. Then add the chicken, mix well, add enough coconut water until the chicken is submerged.
4. Cook over low heat until the spices are absorbed and the water is reduced, if the chicken is felt to be cooked and the water has not decreased, you can lift the chicken and continue cooking until the water recedes and thick, after that turn off the heat.
5. Preheat the oven or grill, take the chicken and spread it with the ingredients that have been mixed together before grilling to make it more savory, do it several times. It’s easier to mix the spread ingredients and the remaining thickened spices and dip the chicken one by one until smooth.
6. Bake for about 15-20 minutes or until browned and the spices are absorbed, then remove and serve with other side dishes. Happy cooking guyysss.
#ayampanggang #ayampanggangoven #grilledchicken #thebestindonesianfood #inaustralia
Original of the video here