Curtis Stone brings us his grilled chicken with herb salad (recipe below) for an easy and wholesome meal. Complete with pearl barley, this zesty salad is a must-try.
Get at least one brand new video every week, including recipes, kitchen hacks and handy cooking tips to help you feed your family and friends: @Coles
Curtis Stone’s grilled chicken with herb salad | Coles with the Heart Foundation
Prep 20 mins (+ chilling time)
Cooking 30 mins
1 cup (200g) pearl barley
⅓ cup (80ml) extra virgin olive oil
3 lemons, rind finely grated, juiced
2 tbs finely chopped shallots
1 bunch asparagus, woody ends trimmed, halved
200g sugar snap peas, trimmed
400g Coles RSPCA Approved Australian Chicken Breast Fillets
3 cups (80g) baby rocket leaves
1 Lebanese cucumber, chopped or peeled into ribbons
250g cherry tomatoes, halved
½ cup basil leaves
½ cup mint leaves
3 radishes, finely shaved
1½ tbs pine nuts, toasted
1. Cook the barley in a large saucepan of boiling water for 30 mins or until tender. Drain and spread out on a large baking tray. Place in the fridge to cool.
2. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk 3½ tbs oil, lemon rind, ⅓ cup (80ml) lemon juice and shallots. Season with pepper.
3. Place the asparagus in a large saucepan of boiling water over high heat. Cook for 1 min. Add the sugar snap peas and cook for 1 min or until the vegetables are bright green and tender-crisp. Drain. Place the asparagus mixture in a large bowl and cover with iced water. Drain. Pat dry with paper towel. Use your fingers to split the peas in half lengthways along the seams.
4. Heat a barbecue grill or chargrill on medium-high. Brush the chicken with remaining 2 tsp oil. Cook the chicken on the grill for 4-6 mins or until cooked through. Thickly slice the chicken.
5. Combine the barley and ¼ cup (60ml) lemon juice mixture in a large bowl. Season with pepper.
6. Arrange the barley mixture, asparagus mixture, cucumber, rocket, basil, mint and radishes on a large platter. Top with chicken. Drizzle with the remaining lemon juice mixture and sprinkle with pine nuts.
Want more healthy recipes? Check out our ‘healthy recipes’ from the Coles with the Heart Foundation’ playlist https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL8rYS6B-sVuJIP_sPSIzxiUtHcRdD_3qo , which includes:
Roasted cauliflower & tempeh salad:
Turkey burgers with herbed yoghurt sauce:
Beef, barley & wombok salad:
Raspberry & nectarine yoghurt slice:
Original of the video here