Buffalo Balls with a Cheesy Hot Sauce
Welcome to Schueys BBQ, where I want to help you Master your Grill.
In today’s video I’ll be showing you how to make a Buffalo Balls, or my twist on Buffalo Wings. This is something I made up. Spiced Chicken wrapped around blue cheese sauce and hot sauce.
Try it yourself and let me know what you think.
0:43 The Sauce
1:51 Season the Chicken
2:35 The BBQ Set Up
3:07 Ball Handling (shaping the balls and getting them on the BBQ)
3:58 Beer Timer
4:29 Spin the Lid
4:50 Balls are done
5:06 Did we end up with Juicy Balls?
6:01 The Verdict
If you are interested in sponsoring my channel or would like me to test or use your products, send me a message or email.
• 500 grams of chicken mince (455 grams is 1 pound)
• 2 tsp of garlic powder
• 1 tsp of onion powder
• 2 tsp of paprika
• ½ tsp of salt
• ¼ tsp of white pepper
• ¼ tsp of cayenne pepper
• ½ cup dried bread crumbs
• 1 egg (not in it’s shell)
INGREDIENTS BLUE CHEESE HOT SAUCE:
• 150 grams of blue cheese (I use Costello’s Blue as it tastes really good)
• ¼ cup of mayonnaise
• ¼ cup of sour cream
• 1 clove of garlic crushed
• 1 tbsp of lemon juice (or 99.9% lemon juice from a bottle)
• 1/3 of a cup of your favourite hot sauce (I used Four Monkeys for this one)
1. Mix all of the sauce ingredients together in a food processor.
2. Transfer for tom mini ice cube tray and freeze.
3. Add spices, bread crumbs and egg to chicken mince and ix thoroughly.
4. Portion out the chicken into 50 grams pieces.
5. Insert the cheese and hot sauce icicles into each portion of chicken and cover.
6. Put into BBQ cooking with a high indirect heat of 240C / 464F for 20 to 30 minutes.
7. When internal temp is 74C / 165F, take off the grill and allow to cool for five minutes.
8. Eat and tell everyone they taste really bad, so you get them all.
9. Oh, drink beer.
1. Dry out pork skin overnight in fridge uncovered.
2. Cut pork skin to fit around kransky’s, leaving a 25mm (1″) overlap.
3. Tie up with butchers twine.
4. lightly oil and salt.
5. Roast at high heat of 220c (430f) for around 45 minutes without lifting the lid.
6. Drink beer.
7. Take off heat and slice up.
Schueys BBQ sponsors:
TB2 Smokers / Kettle Kone
Slow Burn Smoking Wood Supplies
Greg Kitchen / Music
By all means, if you look them up, tell them Schuey sent you.
Original of the video here